Rules for pre-selection and reservation of seats in the Uzbekistan Airways aircraft cabins
Terms and definitions.
Electronic Miscellaneous Document – Associated (EMD-A) is an EMD associated with the passenger ticket in the electronic database of the carrier. Document existing as an electronic record in a database drawn up by the carrier or its agent authorized for the collection of various fees for services and the fees associated with the performance of the contract of passenger carriage, as well as for the refund owed to the passenger in accordance with the airline rules.
Aircraft stands for an aerial vehicle.
Map of seats stands for a schematic representation of the seats of the aircraft and their characteristics in the passenger transport reservation and sales system
Seat pre-selection and booking is a service that enables the passengers to choose and book a particular place in the cabin of the aircraft for their travel after buying the ticket. The service also allows to choose and book a seat in the preferred passenger area, e.g. by a window, by a passageway, in the front, middle and end parts of the cabin. The service is provided on both paid and free of charge basis and is available during a certain period prior to departure, according to the schedule. On a paid basis passengers are invited to choose and book the most comfortable places available in the aircraft cabin.
1. General observations
1.1. These Rules define the procedure of pre-selection and reservation of seats in the cabin of the aircraft on the scheduled flights of Uzbekistan Airways.
1.2. The provision of the service for the pre-selection and reservation of seats in the Uzbekistan Airways aircraft cabins is subject to the relevant laws, rules and regulations of state authorities of any country in the territory of which the sale of passenger transportation and the related services occurred.
1.3. The service for pre-selection and reservation of seats is available on the international flights of Uzbekistan Airways on both paid and free basis, in accordance with the map of seats of the aircraft performing the flight. A limited number (no more than 30%) the most comfortable seats in economy class cabins available for a pre-paid reservation is determined for each type of aircraft.
1.4. Pre-selection and reservation of seats is executed after the ticket issue in terms, determined for such services.
1.5. Pre-selection and booking of all categories of seats in the aircraft cabins starts 45 days prior to the scheduled departure. The provision of this service shall be stopped not later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. The seat remaining unreserved after the deadline are to be distributed at the passenger's check-in before the departure of the flight in accordance with the established procedures for registration.
1.6. The airline may provide a passenger with the selected paid seat with a certain number in the most comfortable areas of the aircraft cabin. The passenger can also choose a free place with a certain number or location in the preferred area in the cabin of the service class paid by the latter.
1.7. The provision of pre-reserved seats located at the emergency exits (designated with the code E in the maps of the seats of the aircraft) is not specified for the following categories of passengers:
- passengers with children;
- passengers with group booking type
- seriously ill passengers, including passengers on stretchers and passengers with disabilities, passengers traveling in wheelchairs, passengers with intellectual disabilities and developmental delays
- passengers deprived of eyesight and hearing, accompanied by specially trained dogs;
- passengers transported under guard;
- passengers transporting small animals weighing less than 8 kg with the container/cage in the aircraft cabin;
- passengers carrying hand luggage on the additional passenger seat;
- passengers with oxygen cylinders;
- passengers under the age of 18.
The passengers listed above are accommodated in the cabin at the check-in, according the requirements of aviation security.
The only EXCEPTION are the passengers with children and passengers under the age of 18 who can use the pre-selection and reservation of seats service during the ticket purchase.
2. Rules for pre-selection and booking of free seats
2.1. All of the seats of the aircraft are available for a free pre-selection, except for the seats offered for selection on a paid basis, as well as the seats located at emergency exits.
2.2. When pre-selecting and booking free seats the passengers may request the following types of preferred location of seats:
- seat at the window;
- seat at the passageway;
- seat on the left;
- seat on the right;
- seat in the center of the cabin.
2.3. In case of changing the type of aircraft operating the flight, integration of flight workload, fails, and other situations in which a passenger that has previously chosen and booked a free seat, may accidentally lose the previously allotted accommodation. The airline provide the passenger with any seat available during the passage of the passenger's registration. Passengers of special categories will be offered the seats reserved for accommodation of the respective categories of passengers on board the aircraft.
3. Rules for pre-selection and booking of the paid seats
3.1. To pay for the service for pre-selection and booking of paid seats in the priority areas selected by the passenger the following rates are applied:
- for seats with the codes (by the windows) or (by the passageway) – 25 000 UZS when selling services on the territory of Uzbekistan and 5 EUR in case of sell on the territory of foreign countries;
- for the seats in the first row of economy class cabins – 100 000 UZS when selling services on the territory of Uzbekistan and EUR 20 for the sale of services in foreign countries.
3.2. For the paid pre-selection and booking are available the seats located in the most comfortable areas of aircraft cabins. For such a reservation are not offered the seats:
- with not reclining backs;
- reserved for the special categories of passengers: passengers with disabilities, passengers with small children, unaccompanied children;
- reserved for the crew, technical staff and other categories of officers placed on board for the performance of duties during the flight.
3.3. For prior selection and reservation are offered the seats with defined numbers:
- preferred seats – the first row of economy class cabins ;
- seats near the windows;
- seats by the passageway.
3.4. In case of pre-selection and booking by multiple passengers having a single booking, it is possible to select the seats provided on both the paid and free basis. In this case, to passengers who have chosen pay Parking, must be issued on EMD amount cost of the service provided.
3.5. If the passenger that has paid the pre-selection and booking service wishes to change the date of departure and it doesn't require the reissue of ticket, and after making any changes to the booking a revalidation of an electronic ticket is performed, the passenger has to:
- cancel the pre-selection of seat
- change the date of departure in the booking and save the changes;
- execute the revalidation of the ticket for the new date of departure;
- execute the pre-selection of seats for the new departure date and save the changes in the reservation;
- execute the revalidation of EMD for the new date of departure.